As 2013 wound to a close and 2014 began, I’m continuing to focus on gratitude. Here’s what I’m thankful for:
- A steady job with some amazing coworkers. I’ve been working lots of overtime in the past few months, and I can think of no one else I’d rather spend extra work hours with. Though the job can be stressful, I am so blessed to have the coworkers I have.
- A chance to make extra money. As much as I don’t like working more hours and coming home exhausted, my paychecks helped our budget a lot.
- Baking. I didn’t get to do a lot of baking in December, but I took one day to bake up a storm. There’s something comforting about flour and pastry blenders and the smell of cookies.
- Cheese and crackers. It’s a tradition in my family to have cheese and crackers on Christmas Eve. Christmas morning is fun with wrapping paper strewn all over, but I prefer the quiet of Christmas Eve, some wine, cheese and crackers, and a little Phase 10 with the family. We had a blast.
- My in-laws. I hear other women complain about their mother-in-laws and I just smile. I have some great in-laws. I was welcomed into my husband’s family with open arms. We had a great visit in North Carolina with them, and I loved meeting our new nephew, Jackson.
- My husband. I love dreaming alongside this man. We love coming up with crazy life adventures we can partake in together.
- Christmas trees. My absolute favorite scent in the entire world. I love coming home and smelling the Christmas tree.
- Fireplaces. Though we don’t use it much in Florida, I love my fireplace. So cozy.
- Fuzzy boots. Again, not a lot of use in Florida, but when the temps dip into the 20s and 30s, I’m so glad I have them.
- Laughter. I found this box to gift wrap my nephew’s Christmas gifts in, and it was a bigger hit than the gift itself.
What are you thankful for this month?