I often roll my eyes at church videos, but this one is pretty much dead on.
Here are my take home points:
- Back to the warm fuzzy issue. Worship is not about me and what I get out of it. It’s about what I give.
- I am so guilty of not “getting into worship” simply because I don’t like the songs. (I do believe that worship songs should be QUALITY songs… but that’s for another post.)
- Worship is not about the music at all. The music is a medium used to get to worship, but it shouldn’t be the main focus.
- Worship shouldn’t be sugarcoated. If you just raise your hands to Jesus, all will be well. I appreciate that the makers of this video acknowledged the heartache and struggle that life brings. Part of worship is bringing all that gunk to Jesus. Some days that’s the best worship I can bring Him.
- At the cross we SHUT UP. Well put.
- And at the end of it all, just look at Jesus. Gaze at Him. I never thought of worship that way. I like that visual.