I completely blanked out last week and forgot to do my monthly gratitude list. Whoops. Well, better late than never. Here’s what I’m thankful for this month.
- A new job. Things are going really well, and I’m thankful to work with a great group of people.
- Bowling. My old job started a bowling league right as I put in my notice. They invited me to come along and join anyway. I’m having a blast hanging out with my old coworkers, and the bowling’s even been fun. It’s been nice to do something simply for the sake of having fun.
- Energy to write. My energy’s been waning a bit lately, but last weekend I felt totally energized and got a lot of work done on my book. It felt good to get so much done.
- Music with friends. Along with my husband (an awesome bassist), and a great drummer friend, we jammed a bit recently. We’re hoping to record soon. Stay tuned!
- Fresh fruit. I’m not a huge summer fan due to the heat, but I love the fresh berry bounty that summer brings.
- A husband that cooks!!! Now that I’m working more hours and coming home a little more weary, my husband has willingly stepped up to more dinner duty. Have I mentioned how awesome my husband is?
- Good books. I’ve been reading a lot more lately, and discovering some great new authors like Anne Lamott, Rachel Held Evans, and Ian Morgan Cron.
- Fireworks. Rain delayed things by a couple days, but the show didn’t disappoint.
- A good friend returning home. I’m so excited to see a friend who’s been away for a year. I’m looking forward to long coffee dates and catching up.
- Speaking of coffee… I’m getting to work earlier these days, so my love affair with coffee has deepened even more.
What are you thankful for this month?